Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 12-Lesson Learned the Hard Way

So many lessons in life have to be learned the hard way. I really hate that part about life don't you? I have been doing really good on my low fat vegan way of eating but last night I folded and had some vegetable oil.....big mistake!

My family and I went out to eat last night and after doing my research I learned that the establishment's fries were completely vegan friendly....some cook them in oil that has been used to fry meats so beware. I ordered my vegan burger but instead of getting the fruit salad side like I should have, I got the basket of fries the burger came with anyway. I really didn't eat too many of them, maybe a third of what was on my plate but it was enough to teach me that added oils were not my friend. I got stomach aches, felt zapped and visiting the little girls room more times last night than I care to share. Before bed I picked up The Starch Solution and re-read the section of oils and fats and decided to learn from my lesson and avoid these added oils in the future. 


3 comments:

  1. I hear you on this one! I definitely suffer the consequences anytime I have even a little bit of oil now. Tummy pains like crazy, unpleasant visits to the little girl's room, and the TASTE is overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McDougall's revenge. Small amount of oil and my stomach feels weird. Churning, seasick feeling. Big reminder to stay away from greasy stuff. I find shopping is easy now. Produce section and the bulk food area for oatmeal,beans and rice and I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that I love this blog so far and I hope the creator will come back to it. It's off to a good start and I love the recipes. I've signed up as a member. I hope more people will do the same and give her the incentive to keep it up.

    As for the fat...don't get me started. I have found that olive oil and canola oil bother me the least, but I still have to use them sparingly. Watch out for trans fat and saturated fat. These are the ones that are bad for us and our bodies let us know right away either by making us instantly sick or making us what we eat...fat. If you're having trouble with fat due to gallbladder or liver problems be sure to eat a half of cooked fresh beet everyday. You'll be surprised at how much better you'll feel and how much better your body handles the good/beneficial fats that you actually need in your diet.

    ReplyDelete