Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 14!!!! Yep two weeks on vegan diet!

Two weeks ago I was only hoping I would be able to write this post, now that it is here I am so happy  that I am here two weeks later sharing more of my vegan year with you all. Yes folks I have been eating vegan only for 14 days now!!!!! Doing my happy dance!

Has it been hard? Yes parts of it were hard. Once I got passed the first three or four days though, eating only vegan became much much easier. Now two weeks behind me, the cravings for high fat animal foods have pretty much hit the road. I don't know if the cravings stop because my body has rid itself of so much toxic junk by now or if it is because I now know and understand how bad the animal foods are for us and how much the animals and the environment suffer just to provide that greasy hamburger to stuff our fat faces with. It is probably all of the above.

As of right now my biggest craving I fight it for my favorite food, peanut butter. Yes peanut butter is vegan but it is also high in fat. I bought some all natural nut butter however to have as a treat ever once in a while but in the past I ate lots of peanut butter every day because I just love it so much. The extra oils and fats in my food don't agree with my stomach since going vegan and I feel awful after eating things with oils and fats in them so this helps curb the cravings for those foods a bit as well.

Over the weekend I made a dish that did have a little oil sprayed on the top for cooking purposes but I blotted it as much as possible before eating it. It was really really yummy and the whole family seemed to really enjoy it. I will make it again in the future but I would love to find a way to cook the phyllo dough without the oil on top first.

I got the recipe for Spinach Artichoke Pie here. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly as she posted it except I used as little oil as possible.



So two weeks later I feel better than I have quiet honestly in years! And it has only been two weeks!!! I think that is what shocks me the most, how fast eating clean and vegan can change your body. It feels like my whole is breathing, letting go of all that crude and sludge on my cells, in my arteries  and even in my mind. That may not make sense to everyone but it is the best way I know how to describe it. I have not sat foot on a scale either but I can tell I am losing weight and even my husband said last night as he was tickling me that he could feel a difference. Certain activities feel different than I did two weeks ago, easier, lighter and less cumbersome. I can't wait to see how I feel after a few more weeks of eating vegan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment